Prepare cupcakes according to package directions. Let cool completely. Pour Cocoa Brown sanding sugar onto plate. Set aside. Fit disposable decorating bag with just the coupler. Fill bag with So Chocolate icing.*
Frost and sand cupcakes one at a time.
1) Holding decorating bag vertically, start frosting from cupcake’s outside edge (about twelve o’clock position) and swirl around the outside of cupcake. Continue squeezing with constant pressure as you work around edge of cupcake.
2) Continue in a spiral motion in toward the center, creating another layer of icing.
3) Finish spiral in center. Release pressure on bag and pull decorating bag straight up.
4) To sand, roll outer edge of frosting in sanding sugar until the outer ring of icing is coated.
5) Place sixlet on top of the icing.
Repeat above steps with the remaining cupcakes.
*Practice piping before you start on the cupcakes to get a feel for the technique.
Cut a square piece of wax or parchment paper to cover a flat surface.
Practice “swirling” icing on paper as in steps 1-3 above.
Scrape up the practice icing and put it back into the icing tub to use on cupcakes when ready.